Tuesday, April 17, 2012

19 43.77N 142 30.26E

Hello All,
The last 36 hours has left us windless. I have only seen the sea that calm one other time and that was leaving the Solomon's. I have been running the engine at modest RPM's to save fuel and to keep us moving along. We have just hit a soft spot for wind right here but according to the weather we should be back into good wind by morning. All is well onboard and we have just been enjoying the beautiful weather. We have not seen one drop of rain since we left Guam. I problebly just jinxed the whole thing.
We spotted a super tanker today that passed 5 miles behind us. My new AIS ship spotting gear picked him up before I saw him. The info on the ship was that she is heading for the West coast of America. Her name is Aries Explorer, 1200 feet long , 129 feet wide, draws 70 feet of water and was cruising at 13 knots. Nice to know we are not alone out here and I am glad my gear works like it is suppose to.
I had a Booby bird resting on the bow of the boat the other night, I think that is good luck, at least I will call it that.
I am going to get going here, it is still very hot and the cabin is like an oven, 85 degrees and light winds out here on the pond.
Talk to you soon.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment