Monday, April 23, 2012

27 02.03N 136 11.92E

Hello All, We made it through another 24 hours of sail. The wind was SSE until about 2200 when it clocked around to the west. I had the whisker pole on the jib and I had to get it off to change sides of the boat with the sail. Why do I always take that pole off in the dark. Anyway the wind was strong enough to go without the pole and we went until morning sailing with a stiff breeze at our back. At 0800 this morning the wind was done and so is the sailing for the time being. We have been trying to motor sail but the wind is from around the clock and very light so I will be a motor boat for a while. The weather man has been hitting the forecasts spot on so after I finish talking to you I will see what's in store in for the next 24 hours. We have 354 miles to get to the south Island and we are ready to get there. I hope to have some wind to get us there in a few days so for now we will keep plugging along. The temperature was a little warmer today at 78 and we did have a little rain this morning. I will talk to you soon. PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment