Monday, May 14, 2012

Rainy weather

Hello All,
The last 2 days I have been using my dingy to go around the boat to clean the hull and inspect all of my rigging and polish the stainless. Not exactly exciting but it has to be done. I also ran into an issue with filling my propane tank for my cook stove. One of the local boats here in the marina did me a favor. He took my bottle to have it filled and they would not fill it because it needs to be pressure tested by Japan. So he did me another big favor. I gave him some money to buy a replacement bottle and he will have it here by tomorrow. They use the same fitting in the U.S. but I had no idea that it would be this big a pain to fill it up. I guess I will have a spare now , which is ok. I have survived by only having one bottle but that has been a pain to deal with also. Now I will have gas for a few months.

The weather today has been overcast and rain off and on so I have been busy in the cabin sorting things out and have studied my charts for the passage home. I also have been looking at the weather for the passage everyday just so I know what to expect. The weather up north is still a little unsettled and I hope it mellows out before I get there. I talked to mom last night and she said there is still snow on the ground and the lake still has ice on it. It looks like summer will be a little late this year so making landfall in the Aleutian's in July should work out good.

Tomorrow is suppose to be better weather so I will continue my deck work and get everything ship shape and this weekend I will be hanging out with my neighbor Toshi and his wife at there home.

That's all I have for now so I will talk to you soon.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment