Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Arrived at Huahine, Moreo Bay

Hello All,
We made it to Huahine yesterday morning. We had to motor the whole 80 miles due to no wind. I anchored in Maroe Bay which is on the east side of the island. It is actually in a wide spot in the channel that separates the 2 islands that make up Huahine. It is very protected and has been like a lake since we have been in here. We are the only boat anchored in here and it has been so peaceful. This is one of my top 5 most beautiful anchorages to date. The only bad thing about this bay is it is deep. I had to anchor in 100 feet of water. I got some good photos and I will post them when I can. There is a small village by where we anchored so we took a walk yesterday and looked around.
I think we will move this afternoon to the northwest side of the Island. There is a small town there called Fare. It is a popular anchorage for cruising boats.
That' all for now.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment