Monday, June 14, 2010

Checking out

Hello All,
I know i promised an update yesterday but due to internet connections and things to do I put it off till tonight.Yesterday morning all 3 of us went to town,we did a little shopping and just looked around.Delphine went to get on the internet and Jon and I took a walk to the Bora Bora Yacht Club to see about mooring my boat there for a few days.They were very friendly and have lots of spare moorings for boats.I costs a little to moor there but they offer a shower,laundry and water to fill the tanks.We were suppose to move there today but when I tried to check out of the country with the officials they wanted me to wait to check out the day before.So we are spending one more day here in town before moving over to the Yacht Club.
After having a beer at the bar of the yacht club Jon went hitch hiking to see the rest of the island and I met up with Dephine back at the dingy.We took a trip across the lagoon to a little motu,a motu is an island that makes up part of the reef,we went snorkeling by the motu to look at the coral,it wasent that great but the water was so clear we still had a good time.We went on the isalnd and looked around,it wasent that big but it was filled with palm trees and white sandy beaches.When Jon got back later in the afternoon he had a really good time exploring the island.He went all the way around,which is only 20 miles and said the best side is the east side of the island.
After we spend a few days at the yacht club we will take the boat around the island and find some cool places to snorkel and explore.We will be here past our official time but what are they gonna do ,kick me out lol.
I will keep you updated and let you know how it goes.




PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment