Thursday, November 18, 2010

24 29.13 S 177 26.84 E

Hello All,
We had a great day of sailing after the 20 plus knots of wind last night. The sun came out and the wind came down to 15 knots so I put the yankee jib back up but still left one reef in the main. We were doing 6.5 knots all day long and this evening in self defense I put the working jib back up just in case the wind decided to come up tonight. We are doing 5.5 knots at the moment and it looks like it will stay steady all night.
I didn't beat my old record for miles traveled in 24 hours today but it was close, only missed it by 2 miles. I stand corrected after checking my log, Tobias and I did 140 miles in one day between Marquesas and Tuamotus, so we did 138 today. Not bad for a crossing that is suppose to be beating to weather. The wind is still coming out of the east with an easterly swell so it is a very comfortable ride. I hope it keeps up for the next 5 days, if it does we will have a crossing for the books for sure. I turned to the Island today so we are on the rum line at 180 degrees magnetic.
All is well on board and every one is very happy with the performance of the boat.
It is mostly overcast tonight but it is not raining so that's a good thing. We are 663 miles out of Opua and counting down, Ye Haw!!!

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment