Friday, November 5, 2010

We splashed the boat and went to the Capital.



hello All,
We got the boat put back in the water yesterday. Everything went off without a hitch and the paint job we did on the the bottom looks great. It is not the right color , it is black but I was told it is awesome paint for the tropics. I put the green stripe back on above the bottom paint and am pretty pleased with the outcome.
This morning at 0500 Jon set up a rent a car from one of the locals and we headed down to Suva, the capital to look around. On the way in Nadi we picked up the cast away crew of Steve and Trish on Curious and made our way down to Suva. They went down there after leaving the boat to stay at a back packer resort. Toby and Nicole pitched in for the car and we had an awesome time there just walking around and hanging out.
They will be touring around for another month here before flying to New Zealand and we hope to see them there before they return home to the UK. They were so lucky to run into Curious in the Yasawa Islands. They both had a great time and they are wonderful people and I hope we meet again soon.
The next few days I will be fixing little things on the boat so I will keep pretty close to home.
I may be bringing a 3rd member on the boat for the crossing to New Zealand. A Finnish gal asked me the other day if we needed crew and after talking for a bit I think I will do it. I will email my decision tonight.
Ok thats all for now. I will talk to you soon.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment