Thursday, November 11, 2010

Still at Vuda Point Marina

Hello All,
We have decided to stay here at the marina till we leave. I have been talking to cruisers and locals about anchoring in Lautoka and they told me that the Sugar Cane factory is in season to burn the slash right now and the boats get covered in ash from the chimneys so we are hanging out here till we have to leave to New Zealand. We are looking at a weather window for Monday now and I hope that works out. We are ready to get underway and get the crossing behind us. I have been talking to several other boats that want to leave about the same time so we will have company, a least the slower ones anyway. Curious left this morning so I hope all goes well for Steve and the new crew. We are waiting for a more east wind as my boat dosent go to weather all that well.
I have been doing some maintenance on the boat and just looking around at any little thing that could cause a problem. I have been seeing boats come in that I have met in the past and stopped and said hello and just see where they have been and where they are going. All of us are looking at the weather so I hope with all of the knowledge and experience of the other boats we can make this a good crossing.
Thats all I have been doing so I will get back to it and I will talk to you soon



PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment