Sunday, November 14, 2010

leaving Fiji


We will be checking out in the morning in Lautoka with Customs. We will take the boat the 7 miles north and anchor by the city wharf. I will deal with the officials and I will send the crew to get some privations. It looks like there is a good weather window to make the 1100 mile crossing to New Zealand. There are at least 6 boats doing the same thing so Customs will be busy in the morning. We hope to have a good crossing but after the trade winds run out it will be anyones guess as to what to expect. This will be the longest crossing I have made since leaving the states so we are excited to get underway and get it behind us.
Fiji has been very good to us and I may return next season, we will see. For now I will be thinking about this trip and I hope its a good one.
I will be giving you updates along the way and let you know how its going. For now I will let you go and will talk to you all soon.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment