Monday, November 8, 2010

Last days at Vuda Point

Hello All.
I know it has been days since I have written. We are still here at the marina, I have been fixing things on the boat getting it ready to go. I climbed to the top of the mast yesterday and inspected all of my rigging, everything looked fine. It has been very hot here so progress has been a little slow. We plan to leave the marina tomorrow and take the boat up to Lautoka and anchor by the commercial wharf for a few days. That is where we will check out of the country also. We have no weather window for at least 5 days to head south so we are just hanging out waiting.
Trish on Curious headed home to England and Steve had 2 mates fly in to help him with the crossing to New Zealand.They will be departing about when we plan to.
I took on a new crew member for the crossing, Her name is Kaisa, she is originally from Finland but has been living in New Zealand the last few years. She came to Fiji to crew on a boat but the trip was riddled with problems so the boat returned back to Fiji. She moved onto the boat yesterday so we have been visiting. It will make the crossing easier having 3 people for watches.
Well it is getting to hot to type so I will get going.
Thats all for now so I will talk to you soon.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment