Saturday, November 20, 2010

25 48.28 S 177 00.24 E

Hello All,
We are still making good time heading down. We made 125 miles today and we have 415 miles to go. I have been watching the weather and the wind was suppose to start coming out of the north, which will be behind us. While I am writing you that prediction is coming to pass. I had to take down the yankee and the staysail tonight because they were getting wind starved by the mainsail. We are still making ok time with just the yankee only.
I have been keeping in contact on the SSB radio with a guy stationed in Fiji. He has a morning air time at 0800. He gives the local weather and keeps track of boats on Hello passage and tells them what weather they will be looking at as they go. I have been talking to him every morning and giving him our position and coarse. He has been telling me we are going to be getting a south west wind when we get closer to the Island which is also what I have been seeing. A southwest wind will be right on our nose so it won't be pretty, but it will then turn southeast I hope lol. That is days away and anything can happen. We had a good breakfast this morning and a good dinner tonight. The seas are so flat it makes it very easy to prepare a good meal. I figure we better eat good now because who knows what will happen tomorrow.
Everyone has been digging out there hats and jackets the last few days, why I don't know, it's still 70 degrees lol. Truth be known I dug mine out to.
That's all I know for now. I will talk to you soon.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment