Sunday, November 21, 2010

29 42.06 S 176 41.74 E

Hello All,
Well the wonderful sailing days ended at 0200 last night. The wind came down and I had to start the engine. We have been running under engine ever since. There was a short time today that we got to motor sail but it didn't last long. With the light winds my yankee jib was flapping a lot and before I could get it down it developed another rip in it. I am still paying for my mistake in Samoa. The sail took a lot of wear when it fell over the side months ago. The wind turned to the south west tonight but it is very light and the seas are calm. We are 300 miles out of Opua and we are all looking forward to getting there. We are suppose to have some wind out of the south east tomorrow so we hope to sail in the last few hundred miles.
Jon caught a Tuna today so we had a nice fish dinner. It was not very big but was enough to feed us all.
Well I am tired so I will go to bed. I will talk to you soon.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment