Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fabulous Dinner on Albatross

Hello All,
The weather for going south is not going to corporate for me to make it to Auckland on time for the concert so I will leave the boat here and take the bus down. I really wanted to get the boat down there and hang out but not in the cards. This is a really nice place to hang out, anyway and have got to visit with cruisers I haven't seen in a while.
Rob on Compass Rose came and got me today and we went for another hike and I got to bring my camera this time. It wasn't an awesome day but got some good pics. When I returned I went and had an awesome dinner and a good visit with Rob and Ruth on Albatross 3. She fixed a Lamb Roast with potato's and greens. I had a really good time visiting with them. They came here from South Africa looking to move here permanently. If you remember they brought Jon from Panama to Tahiti and that's where I met them and Jon. They are wonderful people and I will enjoy there company till I have to leave.
Speaking of leaving, I hope to head north to Opua on Monday, Dan will help me get the boat back. We should be there before the first where I will then figure out who is going to Fiji with me in May. I have had a few people interested in going so I will sort all of that out when I get there.
I have to move the boat to another location on Thursday and Rob on Compass Rose offered to help. Its not far away but where I am at belongs to someone else and they will be returning to claim there spot.
Not allot is happening here but just enough to keep me busy. I pulled the alternator off the boat engine today, I heard a funny noise coming from the engine room last week and turns out its the alternator. I took it all apart today and everything checked out OK. I loosened the belt a little and the noise went away which tells me it may be due for new bearings. I am really glad I don't mind working on things otherwise I would have jumped over long ago. hehe
Well that's all for now and I will keep in touch.



PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment