Sunday, March 6, 2011

In Opua

hello All,
I know it's been a few days since I have written. I am now solo, my crew left the boat on Friday. It came to a head on one of the anchorages heading south not far from here. I am currently back on my borrowed mooring in Opua. The wind started blowing southerly so I will be here till next week. I have a concert to be at in Auckland on the 26 or March so I still have time to get down there. I have got some leads on crew for Fiji and on the trip down south, we will see. Something will happen I'm sure.
For now I am just hanging out and enjoying my time here. I have made some good friends here. I hung out with Bob that works at the marine store, I hung out with him for a few hours today and visited. He is from Florida originally. He has been a good friend and I borrow his car to go to town once a week for food and run errands.
The future is uncertain but that's what makes this so much fun. If we had it all planned out, wouldn't life be boring.


PEACE

1 comment:

  1. Rick, how does someone just leave when you are in these remote locations? Do they have regular flights or do crews just look around for another boat. What you consider fun would be giving me ulcers. I like to plan things out and hope the plans don't require much modification. Enjoy, it looks beautiful....

    ReplyDelete