Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Whaling Station Anchorage

Hello All,
We made it down the coast to Whangamumu Bay. This is the site of an old whaling station from back in the 30's. There are lots of trails here so we are looking forward to going exploring tomorrow.
We got in at 1800 hours so it took us 9 hours to do the 40 miles from Whangaroa Harbor. We had a beautiful north wind so we were on a broad reach. I only had the main up but it was plenty to get us here. I only ran the engine to get out of Whangaroa and to get in here so I was pleased.
Last night I ran into some locals that were on a sailboat next to us. They invited me over for a beer and we visited for hours. I was very tired this morning so I think I will sleep good tonight.
We will be here till Saturday I think, so we can have time to explore. It rained pretty good as we were coming into the anchorage but the weather says it should clear tomorrow, I hope.
Well that's all for now, we are all settled in and I am tired.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment