Sunday, March 20, 2011

Stuck in Whangarei

Hello All,
It was a good day Sunday for weather, it was partly cloudy but never rained. I tuned up the rigging on the boat and just did some little odd jobs. The rigging hadn't been tightened in a year so it was a little loose. In the afternoon Rob on Compass Rose came by and we went for another hike. There is some very nice trails around close by and once again I didn't take my camera. I was afraid it would rain but it waited till we got back.
There is a big low that settled in over the North Island so it is blowing a gale outside right now so I am staying put. If it doesn't improve by tomorrow I will just leave the boat here and take the bus to Auckland on Saturday so I can see the concert. Do you see why you cant make plans being on a sailboat. I hate having deadlines to meet it never works out the way you plan it. I guess I am just bummed out but the bright side is I wont have as far to go to get back to Opua. I want to be back there by the 1st or so. Its pouring down rain here at the moment so I am just hanging out.
I will talk to you later.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment