Thursday, March 10, 2011

Making another mess

Hello All,
We are getting fantastic weather so I thought I would go back to sanding again. I am varnishing the companion way hatch this time. It is another original piece on the boat that will not take much more sanding off and it will keep it from weeping water and ruining the inside finish. I have been sneezing teak dust all day. I got the first coat on today and will lightly sand tomorrow and put on some more.
We are still on for heading out on Tuesday to go south, I hope the weather holds.
I got to chat with Cameron off of Dawn Star last night online. He is one of the 3 guys that are on Dawn Star, they are all friends from New Port, Rhode Island and saved up to make this trip. I met them in the Marquesas Islands almost a year ago. They were on a fast track to Australia so they could enter the boat in the famous Sydney to Hobart race. He informed me they did the race and placed about the middle of the pack. He said it was intense and I'm sure he was being kind. If your curious about the race then google it sometime. Its called Sydney Hobart Race. Cameron told me his visa is about to run out there so he may come to NZ for a time. He offered to crew on my boat when he gets here, I told him, no sweat, come on down. We had a great time hanging out in French Poly so will be good to catch up.
well I will get going so I will talk to you soon.


P.S. Ill save you the time , I found Dawn Star on the race site, here is the adress, I dont know how to link on here so you will have to copy paste , sorry im working on it.


http://rolexsydneyhobart.com/yacht_details.asp?raceEntryID=12582


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment