Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Yakutat Alaska

Hello All,
We are still in Yakutat waiting for a weather window to get to Cape Spencer and to the Inside passage. It looks like Thursday afternoon is our chance to get out of here. In the mean time we have walked to town several times. It is about a mile walk from the small boat harbor to the city proper. I will use the word city very loosely. It has 2 very well stocked grocery stores a post office, an Ace hardware store that has just about everything you may need and a bar. The main industry here is Commercial Fishing. It also has a nice size cannery to buy the fish. Everyone has been very friendly and helpful.

Outside of doing some exploring I have been doing a few boat projects that I didn't get done before we left, nothing to major, mostly organizing things inside and maintenance. I got the oil changed yesterday and changed out the fuel filters. I also retightened my rigging for the mast.

It has been raining off and on, mostly on. We did get some sun yesterday afternoon, what a beautiful place when the sun shines.

Well I need to get busy here and make arrangements to get fuel today. They have a fuel dock but they bring the fuel by a truck so I will figure out the program as to how to make that happen.

I will keep in touch and keep you up dated on our plans. Talk to you soon.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment