Thursday, August 13, 2015

Sailing the Pacific Coast

Hello All,
We left Port Angles at 6 PM last night and made it out to the Pacific at 7 AM this morning (8-13-15). The wind was against us the whole way out the Strait of Juan De Fuca and a few times I was wondering if we were going to make it out the same day. It was a slow and painful process but here we are. The wind is a light west wind but we are managing to make it work. It comes up enough to tease you a little but for the first time since I can remember the boat is moving without the engine. We have been sailing between 4 and 6 knots, it kinda comes and goes.

Anyway it's not a bad day out here, warm and not raining, as least so far. I hope the wind keeps up the good work. Sure is nice and peaceful. Now I remember why I like this way of travel.

That's all for now, will chat at you soon.

PEACE

1 comment:

  1. Well I looked at the weather and as soon as you get past Portland it should be beautiful the rest of the way. Be safe guys catch ya at the holidays.

    ReplyDelete