Monday, September 7, 2009

In Alameda CA.



Hi All,


I am sitting on the steps of the harbor masters office writing this as the internet works best here.Sorry I have been so unsocial,It was a grind to get down here to San Francisco.My crew Andy and his wife Kris just left to catch a plane back home to Seattle.

We had a good trip coming down,winds were out of the north mostly and got to sail for at least half of the trip.The wind lightened up after leaving Coos Bay so had to motor sail most of the way down to the bay.We had fog most mornings but burned off later in the day.We didn't get to see most of the California coast till we made are approach to the Golden Gate.The wind picked up right as we got to the bridge and got to sail the rest of the way in ,all the way to Alameda Island where I am at now.

I had visitors today,my grandma ,aunt and uncle showed up this morning from Sacramento to see my floating palace.We had a nice visit here then went to lunch.I will rent a car here by mid week and go up to see them probably this weekend.

I talked to my canvas maker this weekend and he should be able to build my dodger starting this week but not 100% focused on my boat till the week after.I dont mind because I have a few modifications to do to make the boat sail better anyway and this is awesome weather to do some varnish work and clean up the teak again.I think it hit 80 today and looks like there is more to come.I dont know how much of this sunshine I can stand HAHA.

We went to the city yesterday and did all the tourist stops,cable cars and sight seeing.Its much more pleasant here in the summer than winter which is usually when I am here but much busier.

I really lucked out finding this place to do some work on the the boat because there is marine stores every where and the folks seem real friendly and the moorage here is very reasonable.

Well you are all up to date now and I will write when I can.I will be be here it looks like 2 to 3 weeks so will be a nice break and will have a better boat for the rest of the trip.I am in the process of getting more crew for the next leg to socal so will keep you up to date.I am adding more pics also so take a look.



PEACE


1 comment:

  1. Rick,

    So enjoying your account of your trip. We arrived Homer last fall on our sailboat, never met, but please keep the stories and pictures coming.

    Michael Sharp
    s/v Bluewater
    www.adventurefreaks.org

    ReplyDelete