Thursday, April 8, 2010

Arrived at Nuka Hiva Island

Hello All,
We got to the Island yesterday after noon (April 6th). We are on the southeast side of the island right now anchored in Hanga Haa Bay. We ran into Will and the boys from Dawn Star when we came in so we anchored by them. They came over for dinner last night and told us where a good water fall was and where there was some stone Tikis. There is a little town here we looked at briefly, but my main goal was to find the ancient Tiki site. I have been looking for Tikis this whole trip and today I finally got to see some. It was a bit of a hike but a good trail to them. After that we went looking for the waterfall. We found a awesome waterfall but I think we took a wrong turn some where because the guys told us there was a pool under it and the one we found didn't have a pool. So after walking about 4 miles in the hot mid day sun we were looking forward to a swim. Oh well, that's the way it goes I guess. I think we will stay here one more day and walk around the village. After this we go to the next bay to the west, Taiohae Bay, which is the largest town in all the Marquesas.
I will write more when I get over there and let you guys know whats going on.
Talk to you all soon.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment