Tuesday, September 14, 2010

good times in Neiafu

Hello All,
We have had some fun days here in Neiafu. Sunday we didnt do much, I had a few things I fixed on the boat and that was about it. Monday I got my sails to the the repair guy. He was very nice and talked to us for a little bit. He asked me how bad they were and we just looked at each other and he said before we could reply, no worries, I will fix him for you no problem. The yankee got hit the hardest while we were leaving Savaii. The sail wasent tied down and slipped over the side in the dark and got pounded by seas into my downwind whisker pole for about and hour and it put some pretty good rips in it. The sailmaker is up here from New Zealand for the busy season when all of the boats show up. We will go visit him today and see how its going. We also checked in with customs and got all of that squared away. We also did the boring task of doing our laundry. It has been a while so I had quite a pile.
After all of that fun stuff was over Jon and I took a hike up Mt. Talau. It is very close to Neiafu and is 430 feet tall. It offers a spectacular view of the anchorage and outer Islands.I got some very nice pictures and will share them with you when I get better internet.
When we returned Jon took a trip in the dingy out to a 170 foot ketch owned by a guy in Spain. That is one big sailboat with 2 masts. The owner wasent around but the crew was onboard and he went out to say hello. The boat is from Spain so he was curious about who they were and where they were from. It turns out the 1st mate of the boat has common friends with Jon so they hit it off right away. A few of the crew invited us to have a few beers with them last night at a couple of the bars . We had a great time and we are gonna hang out with them tonight at one of the clubs that is putting on some kind of show. I will let you know how that turns out tomorrow.
Well thats all for now so I will talk to you soon.



PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment