Sunday, September 26, 2010

Post Card Island and White Sandy Beaches

Saturday 9-25-2010

Hello All,
The weather here has been awesome. A nice easterly breeze and in the 80s for temperature. Jon and I went for a walk on the Island yesterday morning. We must have walked 8 miles or so. The Island has 3 small villages on it, not a lot of people but lots of pigs and horses. There is quiet a few plantations also.
After getting back to the boat in the afternoon we went over to one of the reefs close by and went for a swim. The coral here is amazing, lots of colors and shapes and sizes. It is some of the most alive coral I have seen. We spent about an hour in the water then returned to the boat. I spent a few hours yesterday looking at the charts for some new anchorages. We are going to move a few miles down this afternoon to another place that is suppose to be very nice.
That is all I know for now so I will talk to you soon.

PEACE

Sunday 9-26-2010

Hello All,
We moved the boat a few miles south yesterday after noon to a new anchorage. We anchored behind this awesome little Island with a beautiful white sand beach. After getting settled in Jon went for a swim to the Island and I took the dingy to go explore. The Island was so thick with trees there was no way to walk in the woods so we walked all the way around it on the beach. We spent a few hours just hanging out there and I took a lot of pictures. It was a fabulous day. Today we will go explore the Island next door. It has a few villages on it and a little resort.
I will let you know what we discover tomorrow.
That's all for now.

PEACE

1 comment:

  1. Rick, I look forward each day to looking up your blog to see what new adventure you have been on. Thanks for sharing, I'm really enjoying your experiences. What a fantastic trip. Love ya Rick

    ReplyDelete