Monday, May 23, 2011

22 14.64S 179 44.43E

Hello All,
The last 48 hours have been high winds and rough sea. This is not the dream passage for a sailor but all that being said I am still full to the top with diesel fuel and I have been finding small annoying leaks in the cabin that I haven't been able to find in the past until now with all of the salt water spray and dipping the rails in the water. The wind has come down tonight but I don't expect that to last. It is suppose to be more of the same weather for the next few days. We had the first Tropical squall of the season last night. I can't say I was thrilled to see it but it is nice to know we are back in the tropics again.
I hope to be entering the Koro Sea Fiji by Thursday and Savu Savu by Friday. That is the plan and as usual all subject to change.
The guys are doing okay, this is there first ocean crossing and we all agree that we will be glad to get our feet on land again.
I'm on watch tonight so I better get.

PEACE

1 comment:

  1. Rick, sounds like you decided not to lay over at Minerva Reef. Your making good time considering the weather. I was glad to hear you hooked up with a good experienced crew to lend you a hand during the crossing. Patch up those leaks and enjoy your visit to Savu Savu.

    ReplyDelete