Sunday, May 22, 2011

25 19.86S 178 50.01E

Hello All,
The last 24 hours has kicked are butt. The wind came up yesterday morning to 30 knots gusting 40 and has just come down this morning. For the first time on my trip I put up my tri sail, it is much smaller than my double reef main and is working like a charm. Seas built up to 16 feet but they didn't pose any danger, just a rough ride and we all got soaking wet. It's not over yet but I hope as we go it gets a little easier. Every thing is good but we are all a little tired.
That's all for now and I will keep you posted.

PEACE

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rick -- Glad to see that you are moving right along. Stay safe and have fun! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick, sounds wet and exciting. I guess you and the crew are making certain everything is secured to keep it from blowing overboard. Great job on the eggs by the way...How did it go with 16 foot seas? Hopefully you'll get into so better conditions soon!! Have a great and safe passage!

    ReplyDelete