Thursday, December 22, 2011

Liapari Island Anchorage

Hello All,
I finally made it over to Liapari. I came over with the Australian boat yesterday morning. Laurie and Karen on there boat Tropicali. They have been so nice to me, we have been hanging out visiting almost every day since I met them. My position is 07 56. 83S 156 42.31E They beat me over here from Gizo by about 15 minutes so they waited at the reef entrance so they could show me the way in. It is a little tricky because you have to pass over 2 reefs to get here. It is a beautiful anchorage and like I said in a previous blog the Island is owned by a guy originally from New Zealand. We met up with Noel, the owner, last night and his wife. There is one other boat here and every day at 5 pm everyone goes to the beach and has a sundowner. Noel has set up a round grass hut for everyone to meet under. He also works on boats here, he has several slip ways,(slip way is a means to haul a boat out of the water) and a few work shops to do the boat work in. It is an oasis for boat repair in the middle of know where.
The wind is blowing 20 knots out of the North but the sun is shining, looks like another hot day here in paradise.
I will go exploring today. It's not a big Island but I am told there is a track that goes all the way around. I will be spending Christmas here and will be in good company. I will keep in touch and let you know what I am up to.

PEACE

Rick sent this on the 20th and I posted it on the 22nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment