Monday, February 6, 2012

Guam road trips

Hello All,
The last few days we have been taking the car all over the place. We spent 2 days in down town Hagahna which is very touristy. The Island sees heaps of Japanese travelers on holiday. The down town seen reminds me of Honolulu with lots of big hotels and shops of every kind. We found a small bar yesterday where we had Mexican food and returned this morning to see the Super Bowl. That is the first time I have sat through a whole game in years. Kaspar wasn't familiar with the rules so I did my best to explain what was happening. After the game we took a road trip to the south of the Island where we saw some great views and visited a few historic places. We didn't have much time so we kept it brief. We will go back again and spend more time at the places we missed.
In our travels the next few days I will find a few repair shops to have some stuff fixed on the boat. I have good internet here at the yacht club and it is a pretty cool little place. It is only open 2 days a week so it is a nice quiet place. It is member owned and they mostly use small laser boats here for racing on the weekends. There is only one other American cruising boat I have met here and they have lived here a year hoping to go to Japan next year.
I will keep you posted on what we are up to and I will get some pictures to post.
Talk to you soon.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment