Friday, February 10, 2012

New pictures and location updates





Hello All,
Sorry its been so long since I have talked to you. We have been busy getting our moneys worth out of the rent a car and the unlimited milage. We have toured from one end of the Island to the other taking in all of the sites. The Island is only 30 miles long but it seems like after all of the exploring the days just zoom by. I have added a bunch of pictures to the album and I have finally got my routes and location updated. The last location update was in Honiara, Solomons so there has been heaps of anchorages since then. I haven't named all of the places yet because I need to look them all up but at least you can see my travels.
As of yesterday I am now crewless. Kaspar left on Thursday to go to Korea a few days and visit his brother before heading back to Wellington New Zealand and Maganus left yesterday to go to the Philippines for a few weeks before heading home to Denmark. I am now looking for crew to get me to Japan. I have already lined up crew from Japan to Alaska so I just need to fill in this 15 day crossing with some willing soul. I will be here till late March early April so I have a little time to sort out crew.
I have met most of the Yacht Club members now and they are all very nice folks. Allot of them sailed here and decided to stay and one couple I have met got here in August and will sail to Japan next year after making some money here on the Island.
I am turning the car back in today so I will dig out the bike and pedal around for a while. Town is about 8 miles away but it is good road and flat and I could stand the exercise.
I will try not to be a stranger here but i think the excitement is over for a while. I am going to take advantage of the U.S. mail and do some boat projects.
Thats all for now so I will talk to you later.

PEACE

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rick,
    Cool photo of the crab. Looks like a wonderful beach. So nice to see photos of your crew you had from Gizo. Looking forward to hearing about your crew bringing you back home. Have fun and looking forward to your next blog and of course seeing you on Skype.
    Love,

    ReplyDelete