Monday, July 9, 2012

37 54.24N 151 01.19E

Hello All,
After struggling sailing and light winds the last few days we are now adrift. The wind came down completely and are now waiting for a predicted South Easterly to fill in. It is starting to show a little now so we are just waiting for enough to move. I have been very patient in this passage so far but it is wearing on me a little. I have never moved so slow in the 3 years of sailing. I have about 150 hours of diesel on board but am saving it for the Alaska end of the passage. So through the middle of the North Pacific I will do it Captain Cook style. So far this is making out to be my longest passage at sea. The mileage is second shortest but lack of wind makes it difficult.

We are keeping our hopes up and you never know when a breeze comes along and gets you moving again.

All is well here, we have just been reading and cleaning up the boat.

I will talk to you soon.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment