Friday, July 13, 2012

41 05.39N 155 08.38E

Hello All,
We have had some good winds the last 2 days. Yesterday was a little light but we were making headway. This morning the wind came up a bit and now we are sailing along at a pretty good speed. The wind is on the stern so we only have my big yankee sail up and its doing a great job keeping us moving along. We have had fog off and on the last few days and the air temp is getting colder. It is getting in the mid 60's at night and right at 70 in the day. The water temp is dropping also at a cool 68 degrees.
We are pretty excited today, a few hours ago we passed the half way to Adak mark. I will make land fall in Adak because it is the closest inhabited Aleutian Island and a place where I can get the boat fueled up. We will head for Dutch Harbor from there. I hope with our good sailing at the moment that this next half of the trip will be a little better than the first half. It hasn't been to bad, I am just looking for more constant wind than we have had in the last few weeks.
All is good onboard and I will keep you posted.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment