Tuesday, November 16, 2010

20 05.96 S 176 37.46 E

Hello All,
We have had a mixed bag of weather here. All has been good just not enough wind. We had to motor sail most of the day off and on which isn't to bad, I just have it above an idle to get the speed we need. The sea is flat as I am writing this and the wind picked up to 13 to 15 knots out of the east. The last 2 hours has been steller sailing. Slightly pointed into the wind, a little heal of the boat, flat seas and 6.5 knots over the ground. This is some of the best sailing I have done in months. It feels so good to have a sailboat in these conditions. There is an old saying, "It doesn't get better than this" As I am writing this a rain squall decided to pay us a visit. Just when I was having so much fun lol.
All is well here and I hope we keep getting decent weather.
We made 110 miles yesterday and I hope to make at least that today.
930 miles to go to Opua, New Zealand.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment