Wednesday, November 17, 2010

22 37.73 S 177 33.79 E

Hello All,
We have been under sail only since yesterday morning. The wind kicked up to 25 so I was forced to take down the yankee jib and replace it with the the smaller working jib and I put a double reef in the main. All of that being done we are still making 6 knots. We hope to beat my Pacific crossing record of 138 miles in a 24 hour period today. The seas picked up to 6 feet and the wind is still coming out of the east with a little north in it so we are on a close reach. I am taking the boat slightly east of the rum line to Opua because there is suppose to be better wind on this side and it will give us a better angle of sail when the wind turns more south east which should be in the next 24 hours.
All is well on board and we are getting sleep and are well fed.
That's all I have for now so I will talk to you soon.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment