Sunday, November 13, 2011

Leaving Russell Island Group

Hello All,
We just left the Russell Islands this evening. We were going to leave yesterday but when we got up Saturday morning we realized our cockpit cushions were missing. We had them under the dodger but I guess it was to close to sticky fingers. We went to see the chief of the village and let him know what happened. He said he would ask around and see if he could find out who did it so we wanted to wait one more day to see if he could find them. It is not that big of a deal but it makes sitting outside a little hard on the butt.
We found a good spot to go snorkeling this morning but after Rafal saw some gray sharks that were acting weird I just stayed in the dingy and they moved over closer to the reef. Yes I am a chicken. hehe. The coral was beautiful from what they said. I took their word for it. We went back to the boat after a few hours of swimming and went to see what the chief found out. He didn't know anything as of yet but we exchanged info in hopes he can find them, give them to the police and they will send them to Gizo where we will be in a few weeks.
I get a real bitter sweet taste here, the Islands are beautiful the people have been very nice, the anchorages are fabulous but the thieving is driving me crazy.
We plan to arrive at Nggatokae Island by mid morning some time. The wind is very light but we are making 3.5 knots with a full main and the yankee jib.
Okay I must get out and keep watch tonight so I will talk to you soon.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment