Thursday, November 24, 2011

One more week for the crew

Hello All,
We are still at Marovo Island Anchorage. Yesterday we spent all day at the village visiting and having a few wood carvers show off there stuff. There is some amazing work done here, I bought a few small items but the rest we just took pictures of. Everyone here has been great and the weather has been beautiful but hot. I will not rant to much about the heat because I know what time of year it is in the North Land.
This morning Paula and Rafal set off to make a trip north across the lagoon to a resort where there is suppose to be awesome sea life. The resort is situated on the outer reef of the lagoon. They talked a local out of his canoe last night and he delivered it this morning. They were pretty excited and the wind was flat so it should have been an easy 5 mile run. They are not back as of yet but I will let you know how it turned out.
Myself, I am enjoying a nice quiet day on the boat just doing a few things. I cleaned the outside of the hull because it was getting pretty dirty looking and did some chores inside. I had a few locals stop by just to say hello. It was nice to take a break from the cleaning job. I also took the dingy up a little muddy river at the head of the bay. There were mangroves all around so it really felt like the jungle. The locals take there dug out canoes up the river to get to there gardens.
We will head out in the morning to a large village about 8 miles from here. We are almost done with Marovo Lagoon, we have been enjoying the lake like conditions at anchor. We will be in Gizo by the 29th or so, so my crew can catch a plane to New Zealand. Oh by the way, anyone want to go sailing with me in all of this heat and coconut trees? It's a real offer, I will be looking for replacements in the next month.
That's all for now.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment