Saturday, March 3, 2012

Good will ragatta, Guam vs. Japan

Hello All,
This last week I have been busy with collecting of packages in the mail and talking with hopeful crew on Skype and on email. Its looking good so I'm stoked.
This weekend the yacht club is having a sailboat race. They race smaller boats called lasers, I grew up sailing boats like these on the lake. The yacht club owns about 20 of these boats and once a year a few Japanese Laser sailors come for the weekend to compete. I volunteered to help on one of the chase boats to keep track of boats and help out if needed. It was heaps of fun today, I helped set up the coarse markers this morning and just helped keep track of the 14 boats out racing today. I will be doing the same thing tomorrow also. Its pretty cool they feed you at lunch time between the races and I get a yacht club tee shirt after tomorrow when the races are finished.
I have been busy here just meeting new people and catching a ride when I can from members that show up and are heading my way. I also have been riding the bike to town a few times, its 10 miles one way so a day is shot if I have to go by bicycle.
All is good here and sorry its been so long since I wrote, time flys when your busy.


P.S. I will post some pictures after the weekend and I still have to put together some videos, I'm working on it.


PEACE

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rick, So great to get a few updates and find out what you have been doing. All of us followers, family and friends are now looking forward to more photos and videos. Let us know if the Japanese or Americans won the race.
    Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete