Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sake Brewery Tour

Hello All, Yesterday morning it was pouring down rain and the wind was gusting at 30 knots. I wasent sure if we were going to get to go out and explore but by afternoon the rain stopped so we caught a train and went to find a Sake Brewery we had read about. When we arrived the brewery had a museum you can tour which is full of old wood barrels and the old tools they used when they made it by hand. I have forgotten the name of the place but it is the largest Sake exporter in Japan. It was late when we got done with that so we just came back to the boat. I thought I would comment on the food here and the grocery stores. We found a really big Super Market downtown 2 days ago and it was amazing. The amount of prepared food ready to eat would blow your mind. And the fresh veggies and fish take up half of the store. I will get some pictures to show you, it is hard to explain but amazing to see. I think most Japanese are to busy and tired to make food at home so they buy stuff ready to eat, which is handy for us walking around looking for lunch. It is not a bad price either. Lots of different kinds of Sushi and cooked pork are the staples for the prepared food. Kobe is also famous for there beef, I am told they treat the cows like pets, bath them give them massages to make the beef tender before they kill them. I havent tryed any yet but I will keep looking around for it. Thats all for now, I will talk to you soon. PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment