Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Transmission installed and working great

Hello All,
I received my transmission yesterday afternoon and spent 4 hours installing it today. The verdict is...it works great, no more bangy bangy, nice and smooth wow. That really made my day. That is the first time I have had to do something like that since I bought the engine new. My engine room has lots of room compared to other boats so the removal and installation went fairly smooth with out to much heart ache. I will take it out for a spin in the next few days just to give it a proper run in.
I took the bus into town yesterday morning and continued my tourist tour and got some good pictures which I will post tomorrow. I was also looking for a Hard Rock Cafe that I was told was in downtown Kobe but after doing some research I figured out that it closed. The only one left is in Osaka which is quiet a ways from here but I will take the train there before I leave the Country and get some souvenirs by request. I will spend a few more days just looking the boat over good and re polishing all of the stainless parts on the rigging and rails.
Outside of mechanical work things were very quiet around the harbor today. Everyone must be busy working.
That's all I have for now and I will get you guys some pictures tomorrow.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment