Sunday, August 5, 2012

53 51.94N 167 59.13W

Hello All,
Today is a new day and we are 40 miles from Unalaska Island and 50 miles from Dutch Harbor. The East wind that was holding us up last night diminished about 0400 so since then we have been running the engine. The sea has been flat calm so we have been making good time. It was also a very sunny day and we could see the Island 60 miles away. We have seen a few Orca whales and many porpise also. There have been a few fishing boats from time to time traveling West to there grounds.
I forgot to mention that when in Adak we got a tour of a fishing boat that was tied up by us. They were set up to fish for Halibit and Black cod. I have been on these boats before but Stefan has not seen the way they work. The captain was very nice and showed us everything from stem to stern. The boat is based out of Sitka but the captain is from Petersburg Southeast Alaska. He knew my family that lives there so we got a kick out of how small the state really is.
The next time I write to you we should be tied up safe and sound in beautiful Dutch Harbor Alaska.
That's all I have. I will talk to you soon.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment