Wednesday, August 15, 2012

53 57.36N 166 09.91W

Hello All,
We left Dutch Harbor at 1500. The day was beautiful. We ran into a little fog once we were out of the bay but it has lifted for the most part. We are just south of Akutan Island at the moment and are getting a little boost of speed from the current. The wind is light out of the NE and the sea is flat. I have seen hundreds of puffins out here, they are everywhere. It looks like the fog is starting to set in as I write this so the visibility is not very good at the moment.
We just had a dinner of Caribou steak and some veggies. One of the fisherman gave me some Caribou meat he got out at Adak and it was wonderful. I have the first watch so I will make this short.
All is well onboard and we are moving right along under engine for now.
I will talk to you soon.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment