Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Heading to Penrhyn Atoll

Hello All,
We are 2 days out of Bora Bora heading for Penrhyn Atoll. It has been a fast trip so far, wind has been blowing 20 knots and the seas are about 8 feet. The wind is mostly on our stern so I am only able to fly the yankee jib. Even with just flying the one sail we have been making around 6 knots.I hope to be there by Friday sometime.
Jon caught a fish yesterday right before dinner, it was about a 15 pound Wahoo. I don't think I have had one of those before.Delphine cooked it up with some potatoes and boy was that good. All of us are working on getting our sea legs back. With just the one sail and a following sea the boat is rolling a lot but every one is eating and today we all feel much better. We have had a few rain and wind squalls but in between it is sunny and nice so life is good.
The boat made 127 miles in 24 hours so I am happy about that. Hope it keeps up.
That is all for now, so I will give you an update tomorrow.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment