Sunday, April 3, 2011

Feeling much better

Hello All,
after a few days of being under the weather i feel much better now. Dan told me this is the sickly time of year and i got a taste of it. Boy am am I glad that's over. I am meeting up with potential crew tomorrow, I will let you know how that goes. I had a nice chat with Bob at the marine store today, hes such a kick, it was good to have a laugh with out it killing me.
On a side note, I am on a mooring much closer to the marina. It is right by Dans boat, he told me he never sees anyone using it so we came in a grabbed on to it. He says its the Kiwi way, just grab a mooring that know one is using and if they care enough they will say to pay or ask you to leave and if know one says anything its all yours .lol So I guess I will try his theory out.
I will go talk to Doug at Doug's Boat Yard tomorrow and see when I can go dry by his dock and have a good look at the prop shaft bearing and see if I have to replace it. He told me we could do it between tides so it shouldn't be a big deal and I can clean the bottom off at the same time.
I talked to Jon a few days ago, he is back in Basque at home , we had a good visit, he will be heading to scandinavia in May on a research sailing boat for a few months. He sounds excited but I hope he doesn't plan on bringing flip flops. lol. Good luck Jon and have a good time.
Well that's all I know for now , so see ya


PEACE

1 comment:

  1. Glad your feeling better Rick. We're in sequim bay working on deck. putting in reef lines. Preparing for the Ocean. Daren

    ReplyDelete