Friday, April 1, 2011

Made it to Opua

Hello All,
Dan and I left Whangarei at 0800 on Thursday morning. It was a beautiful day and not a cloud in the sky. We went down the river on an out going tide so we make good speed. The wind was very light once we got out to the Pacific so we motor sailed all the way up to the Whaling Station anchorage. We arrived just before dark and went to bed fairly early. I have been nursing a sore throat since Wednesday so I am not quiet 100 percent. This is the first time I have felt ill since I have been gone.
This morning we came into the Bay of Islands and on into Opua. Dan took a short cut behind some of the Islands and showed me some really nice anchorages to visit. It was a really nice day, I just wished I could have enjoyed it more not being so miserable.
I have crew to interview here so I hope I come up with something.
Thats all for now.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment