Monday, April 11, 2011

Going out sailing for the day

Hello All,
It has been a few days since I posted. I left Dougs Saturday morning and came back over to the mooring. I have since cleaned and waxed the hull till it felt like my arms were going to fall off and in between waxing on and rubbing off I visited Bob from the marine store, he worked on his boat all weekend so I just went and hung out.
Sunday Steve and Trish on Curious found me in there dingy and invited me for a beer. They just got up here to Opua from touring the coast from Auckland. They came in for a few hours so they could use the Internet. They went back out to cruise the Bay of Islands for a week and will be back in a few days. It was nice seeing them again, I haven't seen Trish since Fiji and Steve was right before Christmas. They are doing well and was good to chat.
Tomorrow I am taking a young couple out for a sail, they are interested in cruising in the tropics. I just met up with them today and we had a nice visit. She is from the States and he is from Switzerland. The weather has been nice so I figured it would be good to get out and cruise around.
I also met a young French guy the other day and he is also interested in cruising so I have some options. Know one has committed themselves past the cruising season in October so I may just have to find someone to go north with me later down the trail. My self and Alex, the French guy are planning a weekend cruise on Saturday so I hope the weather holds out.
I will keep you all posted and let you know how the cruising goes.
Thats all for now.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment