Sunday, August 28, 2011

Checking out in Lautoka

Bula All,
We made it over to Lautoka at 1530 from Musket Cove. We got to sail most of the way so I got to show the new crew how the boat sails and they did awesome. We had a great time at Musket, I saw heaps of cruisers there that I have met at Vuda Point, seems we all decided to go there on the same weekend which was cool. We took the boat out to a sand bar Island not far from the anchorage at low tide and did some snorkeling and swimming around, fun had by all.
I met a few more new friends while hanging out in Vuda, Mike a retired airline pilot out of Seattle showed up last week on a beautiful 29 foot Bristol Channel Cutter Flyer and Andy and Paul from Australia on there 44 foot boat, Wanderlust, Andy had some work to do on his boat while at Vuda so he borrowed some tools and the Generator a few times. They are really nice guys and I was happy to help them out.
We are all checking out of the country tomorrow so it looks like customs will be busy. There are a few boats here, some going to Vanuatu and one going to New Zealand. I need to get Rafal and Paula on my crew list tomorrow so we will be busy with immigration first thing in the morning.
Fiji has been an awesome place to visit but I am looking forward to Vanuatu, I have been told by so many cruisers that it is very nice and a must see so I am already there.
As usual I will keep you updated on the passage to Vanuatu and I am looking forward to being on the sea again.


P.S. Paula has an underwater camera so be prepared to see me and the fishes in the next photo update.


PEACE

P.S.S. Rick will be leaving Fiji today, Sunday, August 28th, in the US. Of course it is Monday in Fiji.

No comments:

Post a Comment