Saturday, August 20, 2011

Looking around the yard





Hello All,
I thought I would give you a quick view of basically whats right in front of my boat. The marina here at Vuda is a big circle and is surrounded by the boat yard. I got out the camera today and took pictures of Tom and Colleens ,Mokisha ,getting painted and a 64 foot 40 ton beauty , Regina, owned by a guy originally from Israel but lives in Australia now. His name is Denny and a really nice guy. He has a paid crew and has been here 10 months so the crew is really getting excited to move on to Australia. I have made friends with one of the crew. He is a young guy from Tunisia, North Africa. They hauled out Regina Saturday and have worked through the weekend to get bottom paint on. The travel lift has to stay over it because of the 2 wind generators on the stern so Denny hired 6 Fijians to get it done and back in the water tomorrow. She is ketch rigged (2 masts) and Denny tells me that at 25 knots wind on a beam reach she does 12 knots, WOW. and then there is me, I get so many complements of this tough little double ender.
Ok I will post the pics now, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment