Monday, August 8, 2011

Crewless

Hello All,
It has been a while since I wrote so I will get you up to speed. I have just been doing little projects on the boat, polishing stainless and inspecting the rigging. The boat is ready to go to Vanuatu but I still have no crew. I had a few bites but nothing came of it. I do have a guy I met here crewing on another boat that said he would help if nothing else works out. His Skipper doesn't plan to leave Fiji right away so he could spare a few weeks. That would get me at least to Port Vila, Vanuatu. If that doesn't work I will go by myself.
There is an American boat that just showed up here a few days ago, I have met them a few times in the coarse of my trip. They plan to leave to Vanuatu next week so I will run with them. They are faster than me but we can figure out the right time to leave and we will end up together on Tanna Island. It is only a 4 day crossing so it shouldn't be a big deal. There is always hope but time is running out and I need to get this boat moving one way or another.
Port Vila is a very popular stop over for yachts , in fact I almost had a guy fly up here from there. Rob on Compass Rose posted a crew wanted add for me there and this guy emailed me. He found another boat to crew on in the mean time so I get to punt again.
I have made some good friends here while I have been waiting so there is always a bright side to things and you couldn't really pick a better spot to be stranded. hehe In fact the movie "Cast Away" with Tom Hanks was filmed not to far from here.
Well that's all for now, I will talk to you soon.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment