Sunday, July 31, 2011

Saweni Bay


Hello All,
I know its been a while but haven't done much here, just looking for crew and looking for crew. This weekend I did go out to a bay that is pretty close by. It is 5 miles north of here and myself and Adam that works in the yard here and one of his friends, Bisco, which is a nick name took the boat there yesterday and anchored. It is a quiet bay and had a few boats there. We aired up the dingy and went to the beach. We met a few locals hanging out on there fishing boat and hung out with them till 9 pm last night. We had a great time and one of the yachties came in and hung out to. They fed us chicken Curry and some rice which was very good. we had a few beers and headed back to Vuda this morning. We had a 10 knot north easterly wind so we even got to sail back. Adam went home to see his girl friend last night but Bisco stayed on the boat. He works around here at the marina on boats freelance so has spent heaps of time at sea. We got to talking and seems he is very interested in sailing for a month or so. I will talk to him further here in the next few days.
I am really ready to leave but I need to be patient for a week or so to see if someone turns up that wants to go further than Vanuatu.
I will be here till I leave the country so I will keep in touch.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment