Thursday, July 14, 2011

Relaxing at Musket Cove, Fiji

Hello All,
We made it over to Musket Cove yesterday afternoon. We had a nice 3 hour crossing. There was basically no wind so we motored across. We wanted to grab a mooring out here in the bay but couldn't get a hold of anyone in the yacht club office on the VHF so we anchored. It is okay, at least we are hanging out at a 5 star resort for free. We got the dingy aired up and went to shore. This place is like a little town, grocery store, bars and restaurants. The guy that owns this place is from Australia and has really set it up good for yachts. He has dug out some small bays so you could keep you boat here for Cyclone season and be very protected. It is also a Resort that caters to guests from all over the world and your rooms are cute little grass huts. Musket Cove Resort also hosts a few sailboat races in September that go to Australia and New Zealand. It is pretty big time and although I am not into this type of scene it is still amazing to see.
I have seen a few folks here that I met in Vuda Point and I ran into Brad, the guy I met in New Zealand. We just chatted for a bit before he and his crew are off to another Island today.
Matt and I went and did some snorkeling today. Not the greatest but the best we could find with my slow dingy. Most of the good places are miles from here on the outer reef. I am not charted very well here so I am being conservative. I am enjoying myself but I think Matt may be a little bored.
I don't know what's planned for tomorrow but I guess we will see. That's all for now.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment