Monday, July 25, 2011

Back in the Water


Hello All,
I spent 5 days on blocks getting the prop bearing fixed, new bottom paint on, painted a new green stripe on the water line and polished the hull. Everything looked really good, although I did paint last November here. My prop bearing was worn because the engine was out of alignment. On this trip I have had , by my own fault rope wrap around the prop and killed the engine 3 times out of 4. The pressure put on everything tweaked the engine just enough to wear my bearing prematurely. Its all realigned now so should be fine for a while so long as I don't wrap another rope around it, ill do my best.
I am still waiting on a reply from a Fijian guy I met 10 days ago. He sounded very interested in going at least to the Solomon Islands so I hope to hear from him soon.
On a side note, just hanging out here I have met and talked to so many cruisers, hard to name them all, most I just say hello to and some have figured out that I have heaps of tools on the boat so I have loaned out some to a few. That makes friends pretty fast. One couple that I have been talking to heaps is Tom and Colleen on there 38 foot boat "Mokisha" They are from Big Sur California and they are a really super couple. They are doing a major refit to the boat here and wont get out sailing again till next season. They have been sailing around for years and the boat finally was calling there attention when they got here. They invited me to have tacos on there land prisoner ed boat and had a great visit. I talk to Tom every day for a bit, we have heaps in common so we hit it off right away. Jim on "Summer Sky" is from San Diego and he is the one that figured out I have heaps of tools. He is doing some work to his 40 foot boat before his wife returns from the states so they will cruise Fiji a little more. They have already circumnavigated once but they like the Pacific best.
Well I have rambled on enough, you get the idea.
That's all for now


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment