Sunday, October 30, 2011

10 48.26S 163 45.92E

Hello All,
We have had a good sail so far up till just an hour ago when the wind died out to nothing. The weather forecast predicted this but I was hoping they were wrong. I am running the iron sail right now with 77 miles to Santa Ana Island so we should get there in the morning sometime.
Everyone has just been reading books and enjoying the flat calm seas. We did have a little excitement today. After getting the sails down Rafal and Paula jumped in the 91 degree water with there snorkel gear on. They said the water clarity is amazing. Rafal said, I am going to dive to the bottom I will be right back, I told him you better be able to hold your breath for a while, we are at 12,000 feet. He said he could see the bottom of the boat perfectly from 200 feet away.
We can hope the wind may fill back in somewhat to get us in under sail but I won't hold my breath.

That's all for now. Talk to you soon.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment